Monday 2 July 2012

Klahanie Park

When stuck in Lionsgate Bridge traffic coming from North Vancouver, you've probably noticed the big fields just on the other side of the trees. But did you know that those fields are actually a part of West Vancouver's park land? I never would have guessed. But still, my park adventures led me to Klahanie Park.


Yay rugby! Capilano Rugby Club put their club here because there's a lot of grass:


I don't really like all the grass, because I don't like games that involve balls. I think guy in the picture might like games with balls and grass fields, but I don't know him. I do know other people who like ball games, though. So I guess it makes sense that there's so many fields at Klahanie Park. They're good for just about any sport that involves a lot of running and/or balls.

But not everything makes sense at Klahanie Park. For example, there's this fence:


As far as I can tell, this fence is to keep the asphalt from running away. There's also this wall:


As far as I can tell, this wall has absolutely no purpose. There isn't another one of them, so it can't be a goal. There's nothing behind it. I don't get it. Can someone tell me why there's this wall here?

But if you're like me and you don't like grass fields that much, Klahanie Park still has something for you. Hey, look! It's a trail!


It's a blurry picture, but you get the idea. This trail leads to the Capilano River, and it continues along it on either side.

Last and probably least, Klahanie Park includes this area:


I don't know if anyone else refers to this as that bus stop, but I do. Although it is still one of my least favorite stops to wait at, the people in charge of beautifying Klahanie Park have done a great job trying to improve it.

PPR
Good: playing fields, trails, river
Bad: useless features, that bus stop, bad vibes
6.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment