Monday 6 August 2012

The Dale Park

Located at Water Ln & The Dale

My favorite part of The Dale Park is just barely inside of it.


It's a hollow stump! I bet it's some kid's fort. I hope I don't have to explain why forts are the best, because I'm not even sure. I just know that everything is more fun when you do it in a fort.

The rest of the park consists of things that are not very easy to get to. You can hear a creek running somewhere inside the bushes, but there's only a few places where you can glimpse it. I didn't even try to get to any of those places. There's one trail running through the park, but it's not an easy one. I found it difficult to get past some parts of it without putting down my waterbottle.

But nevertheless, I followed the trail. At a certain point, I found this nice view through the trees (it's hard to tell in the picture, but one of those trees is an arbutus):


The trail kept going after this point, so I followed it the rest of the way. It ended here:


I wasn't sure what to do there, so I turned around and headed for the next park.

PPR
Good: fort, kinda nice view through trees
Bad: the best view has trees in the way, sketchy trail, most of it is too wild to get to
5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment