Tuesday 16 October 2012

Tantalus Park [PPR: Local's Perspective]

Located at Nelson Ave and Marine Dr.

I may be a little biased since Tantalus Park is the closest park to my house, but I don't really like it. I've tried to enjoy myself there because it's so convenient, but it's honestly a bit depressing.


There's only swings for babies, the slide is two feet tall, and they didn't even bother to paint the train. Oh well, at least there's a playground. I bet you could impress an 18 month old with it.

The rest of the park that isn't covered in rotting leaves consists of a flat grass field cut into the steep slope up from Horseshoe Bay. It looks like it would be good for sports if it weren't so small and if the ground wasn't soggy most of the year. It has got a picnic bench, though.


The bench moves around a lot. Although I've never seen people moving it, I've never seen it in the same place twice either. It's a lost cause if you ask me, though. The field is surrounded by trees and steep slopes on all four sides. The best place for it would probably be dead center, but it's usually in one of the corners.

PPR
Good: playground equipment, picnic bench, flat ground in a hilly area
Bad: playground equipment is lame, squishy field, not much light
5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment