Monday 22 April 2013

Cypress Trails Park

Located at Woodgreen Dr and Woodley Dr.

I have a confession: I didn't go to the last park until Easter. It was just so far up the hill and it was tiny and it was Cypress Trails Park, which means it was basically, just Cypress Falls Park and not even anything different from the rest of that forest. Right? Wrong!


Not only does Cypress Trails Park rock the district's most awesome park sign, it does it's own thing.

I arrived at this park via the Cypress Falls trails, but not as directly as I'd hoped. I got lost and ended up wandering around the undeveloped British Properties roads for a while, before taking a trail I'd hoped would bring me to a real road. It did me one better.

That trail opened up to a sunny clearing.


I liked the light, so I stopped and took a picture.

Then I noticed the playground in the background. I had arrived!


This is the best picture that I got of the park, because there were many young kids (one of them is seen climbing on a ladder here) with their parents watching them closely, so I couldn't stay for long. I made the comment "I hate it when there are kids on playgrounds" and immediately felt awful. It means I can't play or take pictures properly, though. I'll just have to trust my observations of the kids' fun and you'll just have to trust me that this is a really excellent playground.

There were actually multiple groups of kids there. I feel like this is how I should feel after discovering the newest, coolest underground dance club at the age of 20, but instead, I feel like I found something incredible with this park.

PPR
Good: playground, a lot of sun, benches for parental supervision
Bad: at the very top of a huge hill, oddly popular
7.5/10

1 comment:

  1. Allie, congratulations on completing your quest. I have enjoyed reading your descriptions of many parks that I grew up in a long time ago. Whytecliff is my favorite too. Thanks for doing this as it brought back alot of good memories. I brought my kids to visit last month from Boston and they enjoyed exploring these parks as well.

    Mike Anderegg

    ReplyDelete